It's important at this time of year to think about the things for which we are thankful. It is nice to know that there is time set aside each fall to think about these things and to reflect on all that has gone right.
November 1 - I am thankful for my Navy family. As hard as it is to be a military spouse, it is nice to know that there is always someone who understands. No matter how long it has been, the conversation always picks up right where it left off. It is reassuring to know that, while my friends are spread across the world, it is a small Navy and our paths will cross again.
November 2 - I am thankful to be an American. Each November, we have the privilege to watch the Democratic process unfold as we safely cast our votes for our country's leaders. We then get to witness a peaceful transfer of power.
November 3 - I am thankful for my Bunco Babes. We see each other once a month, we all are in different stages of our lives, but they are all wonderful women and I look forward to our time together.
November 4 - I am thankful for my beautiful children. No matter what the day brings, a smile and a hug from one of them makes everything else okay. Kissing boo-boos, reading stories, stopping fights and explaining what is going on in the world, watching them play and snuggling on the couch are all moments that shape their futures. I am grateful to be able to share this time with them.
November 5 - I am thankful for my husband. He is a kind, loving, helpful, involved husband and father. We began our journey together seven years ago today, when he asked me to marry him. Things are not always easy, but I wouldn't want to do the hard parts with anyone else.
November 6 - I am thankful for my extended family. I have a brother who calls us just to check in and see how we are doing. I have parents who will drop everything to take care of the boys. We are fortunate to have a support system so close. It makes raising our family much easier.
November 7 - I am thankful for my choir family. They always havea kind word and a smile. It is an uplifting experience to make music with them each week.
November 8 - I am thankful for modern medicine. The wonders of modern medicine helped us start our family. The wonders of modern medicine helped make Russ's surgery a little easier today.
November 9 - I am thankful for teachers. I appreciate every person who has come into my life and taught me something. At this stage in my life, I am grateful for the women who teach my children every day. We are so fortunate to have kind, caring, and loving people in our children's lives. I am priviledged to see these remarkable ladies interact with the boys and I am comforted knowing that they love my children and want the best for them.
November 10 - I am thankful for the ability to travel. Living in the Norfolk area, we are able to get to the beach and the mountains in a matter of hours. There are people in the United States who have never seen the ocean or the mountains. We are a short ride from our nation's capital.
November 11 - I am thankful for the men and women of the United States Military. Their daily sacrifices allow us to be free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment