I've decided that I am not going to be the parent that cries on the first day of school. Don't get me wrong...I am sad that my little babies are growing up. I can't make it through the book I'll Love You Forever without crying. I treasure each and every moment that I have with them. BUT, kids go to school. That's what they do. School is where they learn to make friends and take direction from other adults. School is where they learn how to read and write and count. School is important. Plus, my boys like to go to school.
Here they are on the porch...
aren't they cute!!
They had two first days...a Tuesday/Thursday first day and a Monday/Wednesday/Friday first day. They told me that they did something "special" on Tuesday. On Wednesday, they both got put in time-out - one for hitting his "priend" and the other for not doing the Hokey-Pokey. Yep. He just didn't feel like it. Luckily, their wonderful teacher doesn't put up with any mess out of three year olds. He was defiant and she wasn't going to have it. The little stinker came home and sang the Hokey Pokey all evening. I really hope that their teachers still talk to me at the end of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment