Monday, January 25, 2010

Who is that crazy lady?

So, having children has brought out the best and the worst in me. There are days when I seriously understand why some species eat their young. However, in the very next minute, some one is doing something so heartwarming that I can (almost) forget about how naughty he was a minute ago.

My New Year's Resolution for parenting is to stay calm and deal with the situation rationally. I am failing miserably! Those wonderful mothers who are raising one two year old at a time have NOTHING on a mom of multiples. If a single baby turns on the sink after bathtime and starts throwing water all over the bathroom, mom just gets up and moves the baby from the sink. Try that when you have one wet and naked child in your lap that is wiggling like nobody's business. Twins (and higher order multiples) know when mom is otherwise occupied and take FULL advantage of the situation. What else to do than yell at sink boy to stop. Not the kind if parent I ever wanted to be, but sometimes you do what you have to do.

On the flip side, my boys' new favorite game is "Sharks and Pirates" outside on their pirate ship. Guess who gets to be the shark! I am sure that my neighbors look out their doors and wonder who on eath that crazy lady is...running around the yard saying, "I'm going to eat you up!" Add to that the squeals of delight from the pirate who got "chomped" and you have a full-fledged comedy out the window.

For every moment that I want to put myself in time-out, there is a moment that reminds me why I became a parent in the first place. My boys are amazing little creatures and (most of the time) I enjoy the time we spend together!





No comments: